(Boonton Township, NJ) – Republican State Senator Anthony Bucco, and Republican Assembly members Aura Dunn and Chris Barranco announced today a long list of GOP endorsements, including the signatures of 243 of 305 Morris County Republican Committee members (80 percent) in the 25th Legislative District. Members will cast votes on the Party’s official endorsement for State Senate and State Assembly. Additionally, a full slate of key Republican officials from across Morris County threw their support behind the incumbent ticket, including:
- Morris County Republican Chairwoman Laura Ali
- Passaic County Republican Chairman Peter Murphy
- Morris County Sheriff Jim Gannon
- All 7 Morris County Commissioners: Doug Cabana, John Krickus, Tom Mastrangelo, Christine Myers, Tayfun Selen, Steve Shaw and Deb Smith
- Morris County Clerk Ann Grossi
- All 14 Republican Mayors in District 25
“Senator Bucco has been a commonsense leader for us in Trenton – fighting for taxpayers, leading bipartisan efforts to fight rising crime, and securing important funding for our schools and vulnerable populations,” said Republican Morris County Sheriff Jim Gannon. “I’m proud to endorse the 25th District team including Aura Dunn and Chris Barranco – who together with Senator Bucco are fighting the Trenton Democrats’ agenda of higher taxes, big spending, and extreme policies.”
Among the Bucco-Dunn-Barranco Team’s top priorities include:
- Stopping higher taxes – the 25th District Team has never voted for a tax increase
- Getting tough on crime, like Bucco’s bipartisan bill to address rising car theft
- Rooting out waste in government, like Dunn’s bill package to review red-tape and audit state tax dollars in major school districts
- Affirming parental rights and protecting students from extreme curriculums for young kids in our public schools, as Barranco has done
- Reversing Phil Murphy’s energy rate hikes by backing common sense energy policies
The Bucco-Dunn-Barranco Team continues to collect signatures and add to their total every single day. As part of the convention process to earn the official Morris County Republican Committee endorsement and ballot slogan, legislative candidates need to collect 20 percent of the signatures of County Committee members in their district. The Morris County Republican Convention will be held on March 4th 2023.
The 25th District was redrawn following the 2020 census and was won by Republican gubernatorial candidate Jack Ciattarelli by an 8-point margin, 54-46%. It has added seven new municipalities including Rockaway Township, West Milford, Jefferson, Kinnelon, Madison, Harding and Butler. Both Bucco and his father, Senator Tony R. Bucco, previously represented Jefferson and Rockaway Townships in the legislature for many years. The municipalities remaining in the 25th District include Boonton Township, Rockaway Borough, Wharton, Dover, Victory Gardens, Mount Arlington, Mine Hill, Randolph, Mendham Township, Mendham Borough, Morristown and Morris Township. Bucco currently serves in the Senate Republican leadership team as Minority Whip. The Primary Election is Tuesday, June 6th.